I love the conversation between Jethro and his son-in-law, Moses. It is a very telling conversation that let's us in on there unique relationship. There are some principles for all of us as leaders...do you desire to be an effective leader today? Let's take a look at their conversation with these six very simple thoughts..
- Know their limits. A compelling vision is too big to carry alone
- Stand before God for their people. We must pray continually and find strength beyond ourselves
- Teach and develop well. Teach principles, practice those principles, build process to accomplish those principles
- Build teams and 'give it away'. What qualities do you need? Does someone else need? Focus on the big picture.
- Create a system of accountability. "expect what you inspect", empower but stay close, find a way to measure 'heatlh'
- Encourage and empower excellence. Always be an encourager, encourage commitment and dedication. Equip well